Game Designer ∙ Tower Defense Shooter ∙ PlayStation VR
Onslaughter is a VR Tower Defense game where the player needs to destroy each wave of enemies and fight against the giant robot. Unlike the other PlayStation VR project, Brilliancy, Onslaughter is a fast-paced gameplay experience with many actions and movements.
‣ Developed navigation mechanics and gameplay systems that prevented nausea on Sony’s VR headset.
‣ Created one-page design documents to explain unique VR puzzle mechanics for clients and designed 50+ levels.
‣ Deconstructed and analyzed VR game mechanics, levels, and gameplay created by other studios.
‣ Worked with the game director to refine game mechanics, background story, and puzzle systems.
‣ Collaborated closely with programmers to develop game mechanics and tools for
designers and artists.
Click any Button to Contune Reading…
For further information on this project, feel free to contact via email@example.com
There are two main functions in the game. One is mechanism guns mount on the player’s head, and the other is a force field shield (similar to Overwatch Reinhardt’s Shield) attached to the player’s controller.
Creating a unique game experience that can enhance by VR technology is one of our team goals.
Separating movements between hands and head is one of the uniqueness to leverage the VR system. In this case, the player’s weapon and shield can perform individually; unlike the traditional game, the direction of aiming is always the same as the direction of blocking.
The player can move and turn their head to aim and shoot in the direction. At the same time, the player can tilt and move the shield to block the enemy’s attack.
In addition, we designed the experience based on one of the VR uniqueness that is toying the objects with different sizes surrounding players and fighting against a colossal robot on the roof of a skyscraper. Those environmental settings gave the player a unique and unforgettable experience that is not available in traditional video games.