Grid Gladiator ∙ CastAR (Tilt Five)
This is a project that I worked on at CastAR back in 2016. This one-page design document tells the high-level concept of a PVP game idea that includes game mechanics, based rules, goals, and basic combat setting. When I was working on this project, I was inspired by a couple of games, such as Archon, Chess, Street Fighter, Duelyst, etc. Consequently, the concept is a design game that combines brawler and strategy elements.
Sections in the Document:
NOTE: The pixel characters in the document are from Duelyst, not created by CastAR team.
‣ Goal: The winning and losing condition of the game.
‣ Movement: The rule of general character movement and the related information.
‣ Capture: The basic rule tells how players gain another character in the game.
‣ Setup: The information of the beginning of the game that players need to know.
‣ Turn-Based Action: The overall game flow and actions.
‣ Character: Detailed information of the characters that players interact in the game.
‣ Mana Power: The rule of mana power in the game, including how to gain and lose.